Am I Pregnant?
If you had a positive home pregnancy test or are experiencing common symptoms of pregnancy, you may be asking, “Am I pregnant?” Informed Choices provides information on pregnancy and free pregnancy tests. We’re located in Grayslake and Crystal Lake, Illinois. Schedule a free and confidential appointment.
EARLY SIGNS OF PREGNANCY
Do any of these sound familiar?
- I’ve missed a period.
- A delayed or missed menstruation is the most common pregnancy symptom leading a woman to test for pregnancy. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed. Many women can bleed while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period.
- I feel like throwing up sometimes.
- This well-known pregnancy symptom will often show up between 2-8 weeks after conception. Some women are fortunate to not deal with morning sickness at all, while others will feel nauseous throughout most of their pregnancy.
- My breasts feel tender.
- Swollen or tender breasts is a pregnancy symptom which may begin as early as 1-2 weeks after conception. Women may notice changes in their breasts; they may be tender to the touch, sore, or swollen.
- I have to pee more often.
- Around 6-8 weeks after conception, you may find yourself making a few extra trips to the bathroom.
- I’m more tired than usual.
- Feeling fatigued or more tired is a pregnancy symptom which can also start as early as the first week after conception.
- I’m having mood swings.
- Hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy can create changes in mood ranging from elation to extreme sadness. These emotional fluctuations are completely normal emotions and severity can vary from woman to woman. If you find you are experiencing a prolonged period of depression or anxiety, contact your healthcare provider.
Although not everyone experiences these signs, the symptoms above are commonly associated with early pregnancy.1 Most tests you can buy are very reliable, but only a physician or other appropriate healthcare professional can help you answer the question of “am I pregnant?”
Contact us about a no-cost consultation and pregnancy test.
YOUR NEXT STEP